Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Our community of faculty, staff, students and alumni is committed to providing a safe, inclusive, supportive, and equitable environment which celebrates all life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. Our purpose is to foster open communications, recruit and engage a broad talent pool, and ensure that all members of our community have the opportunity to thrive and contribute within their educational, research and professional endeavors. We are committed to embedding these values throughout the fabric of our department's educational mission, while also supporting the Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability’s broader inclusion efforts.
Check out extensive reading lists, developed in collaboration with Branner Earth Sciences Library and SDSS DEI, on a variety of DEI topics.
The faculty role
The role of faculty and staff creating welcoming spaces for students and peers is crucial in the development of a sense of belonging that can help individuals to thrive in academic settings.Learn more
ESE DEI Committee
- Assistant Professor of Energy Science Engineering
- Director of Finance and Operations, Energy Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. Student in Energy Resources Engineering, admitted Spring 2021
- Chair's Assistant, Program Coordinator, Energy Science and Engineering
- Research Administrator, Energy Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. Student in Energy Resources Engineering, admitted Autumn 2022
- Assistant Director of Student Services, Energy Science and Engineering
Stanford Land Acknowledgment
We recognize that Stanford sits on the ancestral land of the Muwekma Ohlone Tribe. This land was and continues to be of great importance to the Ohlone people. Consistent with our values of community and inclusion, we have a responsibility to acknowledge, honor and make visible the university’s relationship to Native peoples.